Wednesday 18 January 2012

Bonjour!

Bonjour!
My first post, at long last. This time in less than 3 days (or around 71 hours, whatever you like) I will be boarding my PLANE!

My biggest worry at the moment is NOT, contrary to popular belief, how I will navigate around Dubai airport and Charles de Gaulle; but the language barrier. The first week is allegedly the worst, and even though I did French at school, I don't know how useful it will be knowing every item in a pencil case when I'm trying to ask for directions to the right train... maybe I can work it into conversation?
I had a fantastic farewell party last week, and I was genuinely surprised how many people actually care that I'll be leaving the country for more than a few weeks! So that was nice.
I've already got some info about trips that'll be available for my district (which is 1720) such as a France/Spain bus trip (weeklong) and the famed EUROTOUR (sadly, only 10 days)! Either way, it's going to be an awesome year and I plan to make the most of it.


The clearly despairing and grief-stricken parents.

 Anyway, I'll write something interesting when I actually get to France. Loudun is calling! (Credit for the blog name goes to Stacey...)

6 comments:

  1. The clearly despairing and grief-stricken parents are counting down the hours. She will be sadly missed but we know Jo will have a great time and be a wonderful ambassador.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how was/is the flight to Dubai?
    from dearest brother Nicholas :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was long but not too boring, dearest brother. The SECOND flight was the boring one cos I was lonely. But I made friends with a Japanese family and the guy sitting next to me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweeeeet! when will your next blog be thy sister? i hope you are having a terribly excellent time and i imgine that you are getting rounder with each passing minute <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Round does not even cover it. HAHA I'm joking, it's been 4 days and I haven't eaten THAT much. But the cheese... OH, THE CHEESE!!!! JE L'ADORE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you're having an awesome time Jo! Loudun looks soooo nice and peaceful! A perfect place to visit :) You've had a pretty productive week too! You have so much to share already! :) I'M CRAVING CHEEEEEEESE!!!!! :o
    take care and keep enjoying! :) narani xx

    ReplyDelete