Tuesday 28 February 2012

Chateau Fontevraud

I would also like to add that I went on a castle tour yesterday! Here are some photos of the 400+ year-old chateau/castle.

The CASTLE! Well, one part. It was pretty ginormous.
Cool but trippy ceiling
Some dead people eg. Eleanor of Aquitaine (the nearest one)


Me on some stairs!

A mini rollercoaster in the chateau!! JOKING it was a walkway. Not as fun, but easier to see the castle that way.
Who's king of the castle NOW?!
Looks like the corridors in Harry Potter! (Movie #3 in particular)

Now I'm in a window!

Aaaand some hedges. Not sure if the circle bit was used as a pond or a well. Or a dungeon.
So that was the chateau - well no, it wasn't a chateau. It was actually an Abbey. L'abbaye Fontevraud. REALLY huge and REALLY beautiful. I also bought a pin for my blazer from the boutique - FOR FIVE EUROS! It was TINY! But I'm assuming Rotary will pay me back, cos after all, the blazer-and-pins thing was their idea...

Anyway, that was yesterday. I know this post is a tad boring (and the photos are alarmingly outstripping the writing...ah well, you can't fight the inevitable) but history buffs should lap it up. It was interesting! I don't mind history, as long as I don't have to learn it at school. Much more fun with a camera in a castle. I mean abbey.

Paris/Barcelona in two days! GRACIAS, AMIGOS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment