Wednesday 18 April 2012

The CIRCUS is in town!

Well, the circus among OTHER things. After Simon's soccer game on Saturday arvo, Sylvie and I had a walk around Thouars where there happened to be a fete/carnival thing! (For the Perthians, a mini Royal Show.)
How can I even describe how exciting this looks?
Now THAT is a 20 cent game. You can win 200 EUROS! And we get excited when a few 20c coins come out!
A wizard (A GRYFFINDOR!)...plus pygmies?
We stopped at Les Trois Moutiers on the way home and had a look at this sign in front of a church - made out of photos of the faces of people who live in Les Trois Moutiers! Doesn't make any sense, does it? Here's a photo. Of lots of photos mashed together.
And the church itself is right behind it. Awesome idea!

And guess who I managed to find? Pretty much the first face I saw, which was weird. JADE CANDELA! HA!
That night, I went with Sylvie's sister to watch Sandrine (her daughter, Sylvie's niece) and the team play handball. Easy win - 31 v 13 to Loudun! Woo!
After Loudun got a goal!
The next day, I went to the CIRCUS!! Le Cirque Zavatta, in fact. It was small but awesome, and as usual I took too many photos.
The big top!
Me and Gabrielle - CIRCUS FACE!
Caramel popcorn in a paper triangle. SO CIRCUSSY!
Here's a LION who just jumped through a ring of fire
I'm pretty sure that ALL circuses are awful to animals (and this circus had a LOT of animals, one of which I genuinely didn't have a name for) so I felt a bit bad about going. Especially the lions, which should be WILD! Not in a French circus! But I'll add "destroy all animal circuses" to my list of careers (after exchange).
This guy balanced on LOTS of things. Barrels in particular. Me and Gab were pretty terrified (on his behalf)!
Horses balancing!
A macaw riding a bike! Aren't Macaws ENDANGERED?!

I thought these guys were going to fall MORE than once! It's so STRESSFUL going to the circus!
Pony rides at intermission! As much as I wanted one, I don't think the pony would have appreciated it...
Acrobats!

Some camels started running around, and then a BULL!
The bull just stopped and looked at a guy in the audience... looked at him GOOD.
It was an impromptu staring contest! I don't know if it was part of the show or not...?
Does anyone have a name for this animal? I think it's African.
Actually I think it was in the Lion King! A WILDEBEAST?! (That killed MUFASA!)
Clown vs. Ghostie
 The funniest bit about the clown's act was all the kids yelling at him "BEHIND YOU!" Everyone just screams their face off and the clown is yelling back and running around - and the ghost just stands there (flapping his arms, for some reason).

Next up: Printemps de Bourges! The 5-day music festival I'm going to next week.

2 comments:

  1. OMG!! Please tell me you went in those ball things in the water!!! That looks like it would be super extreme fun overload to the MAX!

    Agree about circus animals, but its still kinda cool you got to experience it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shit, you find my face on this photos board hahah. You are having so much fun dude, you do so much more than i did in my entire life hover there haha.
    Jade

    ReplyDelete