Monday 30 April 2012

Printemps de Bourges + moving families!

HELLO DEAR READERS!

Last week (Monday to Friday) I travelled to the faraway lands of "Bourges" (and hour and a half by train) to see a music festival. When first asked if I wanted to go to a music festival called "Printemps de Bourges" (translating to Spring in Bourges, or Bourges' Spring, whatever you want), I thought, why not? Cool little festival, haven't heard of any of the acts. Should be low-key but still fun!
Turns out that this festival is VERY POPULAR. A lot of the bands are fairly HUGE in France, I just hadn't heard of any of them. Now I have some new favourites!
Le Jacques Coeur in Bourges
There were signs like this ALL OVER BOURGES, but this one was the biggest
I found out that there is a MASSIVE hippie culture in France, especially at concerts. Hippie as in... reggae, Bob Marley, rave pants, vegetarianism, etc. It's pretty cool! There were stalls in the centre of Printemps (as it shall now be referred to) selling food and clothes and jewellery and... BONGS? I was surprised, also because there were police everywhere! Don't they NOTICE? But that's just another difference between Europe and Australia, I spose.
Speaking of Australia, I found this on a wall! There were heaps of them, I have no idea why.
Les trois petits cochons!
In the pouring rain, posing with police horses
It rained basically all week (SPRING? HA! Not likely), which was even better when my shoes broke and I walked around for 2 days with my feet as OCEANS because of the holes in them. Either way, still had an incredible time and found LOTS of new bands who I love!
This is my new favourite band, Dionysos. They were CRAZY, jumping everywhere!
The lead singer of Dionysos was absolutely awesome, crowd-surfing and wearing papier-mache bird heads and stuff. LOVE IT! And then there was a feather explosion - they had cannons! So now I have feathers on my blazer.
The best photo ever? I think so. CROWD DIVE!
Feather explosions!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bring out MR BIRD!
After Dionysos was Shaka Ponk - I don't know if they're popular in Australia? But in France they're huge. And CRAZY!
Shaka Ponk
More crowd-surfing!
We saw heaps of other bands too, but less well-known - and they were FREE! More than 200 artists at Printemps.
Us with the big-arse poster!

In other news, I moved families this week! On Saturday, in fact. I'm now living with Catherine (Jade's aunty), right in the middle of Loudun. It was a bit sad moving from the Baylarts, but it's also a nice change - so bittersweet, really.

This is my luggage. After 3 months. It really does pile up!
Spring is supposedly here, but it's been raining non-stop for about a week and a half now - we had 35mm yesterday alone!
The wind is killing all the flowers. =(
That's pretty much all I have to say! It's been a pretty packed first week of holidays (oh yeah, I'm on holidays now) and I have no idea what's on for this week. Hopefully sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment